What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difficulty sending an e mail

PhillipL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I can recieve e mails but on trying to send one I get a message saying that the server has rejected it.
Any help would be appreciated .
Thanks
Phillip L

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Phillip and welcome to the Forum!

Regarding your question you wouldn't happen to have an AOL email? I did a search and came up with this, it has helped a lot of members
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...send-mail-server-does-not-allow-relaying.html
Let us know if it helps you.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
PhillipL

PhillipL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi leelai,
I have had a very frustrating evening trying to rectify the failure to send e mails.
I have a pop3 account for incoming and a post account for outgoing mail.
Everytime I try to send the server tells me that it rejects the message.
I have a hotmail account that works fine.
I have tried the various ideas as posted but to no avail.
Any further help would be appreciated.
Regards
Phillip
Phillip

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
PhillipL said:
Hi leelai,
I have had a very frustrating evening trying to rectify the failure to send e mails.
I have a pop3 account for incoming and a post account for outgoing mail.
Everytime I try to send the server tells me that it rejects the message.
I have a hotmail account that works fine.
I have tried the various ideas as posted but to no avail.
Any further help would be appreciated.
Regards
Phillip
Phillip

Hi Phillip, so sorry nothing helped you in that thread, must be very frustrating for you. I have found this thread and hopefully this will sort it.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/2793-email-sending-problems.html
Let us know how you go.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
PhillipL

PhillipL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi leelai,

I have given up for now on trying to send mail from my pop3 account,I will just reply via my gmail account which works fine.
Thanks for the various links etc. I will keep trying but it is no longer urgent as I can send.
Regards
PhillipL

OP
PhillipL

PhillipL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi levels I,

Thanks I used the same outgoing information as in my gmail account and the mail was sent.
Thanks for your support.
Regards
PhillipL

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure whether it will help, but if I've ruled out a server problem on my email provider's end, I delete whichever email account is acting up on iPad and re-enter it. That hasn't failed me yet. Of course, this is assuming that your email has been working fine otherwise, as mine has been.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi leelai,

I have given up for now on trying to send mail from my pop3 account,I will just reply via my gmail account which works fine.
Thanks for the various links etc. I will keep trying but it is no longer urgent as I can send.
Regards
PhillipL

I came to this conversation late, but, for your sending of e-mails on your POP account. Are you on your POP account's ISP when you try to send these e-mails. Or, are you out and about - not at home.

My ISP, Time Warner/Roadrunner, won't let me sent POP mails if I'm not actually using my home account ... AT home. I can receive e-mails just fine, but can't send them. Actually, that's the main reason why I finally got a Gmail account - I got tired of not being able to send e-mails from my [very portable] device when I wasn't home.

One of our moderators, Tim Spracklin, has several excellent posts about what's happening in this case. Mainly, all I understand is that you can't use your POP mail to send e-mail if you're not at home.

So, if that's the case for you, at least you now know why. If it's not, sorry, but I've been of no help. :D

Marilyn

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I send Pop emails on iPad away from home. Have since iPad 1's debut. It probably depends on how you've got your email set up. I have a bunch of email accounts on iPad and use Pop on some for a specific reason, and they've given me only occasional trouble (as mentioned in my earlier post).

Most reactions