What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different kind of hacking.

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well , I suppose this falls under I pad forums policy ,it ain't jailbreak hacking !
I was reading an article the other day and have come to the conclusion that
If a peice of shi stuff hacking thief were to want something bad enough , he'll
get it . I'm talking about Ransomware.... If you are familiar with this then no need to
go into the whole schpill of it . But for ones who do not I'll explain in an elementary
form . What these guys do is they basically hold your computer hostage until you
pay the ransom . They hack in to your everything , documents, private accts . And yes all files . ,even photos. Then they encrypt it so you can't access YOUR information.
They ask for X amount of dollars payable by bit/coin that you have to pay to get the KEY to unlock. And they do this in the most polite way possible.. CRAP . THAT WOULD PISS ME OFF EVEN MORE . Man up sisters , if you are going to steal my
Data at least act like a gangster ... Or a pirate or somthing of .,.....
They are coming in on the browsers you use with an inviting Pop Up ... So far this is supposed to be the no. 1 way. So here's what is my best honest , all I know how to help
Protect yourself. Backup , Backup ,Backup...on a regular basis. Turning off your device , computer will not work. When you do this you can pull from your latest backup,
They cannot access as easy . #2 if you see a pop up or an email that you think is fishy , or unsure of , Delete it then . Don't go and check it out as if you want to investigate it,
or save it to read later , this is another way the can get on board with your shi..Delete it right then .... And #3 reassign yourself another password with 10 + characters. One
good way to a good password is to use partial sentences from a favorite book you read in 8th grade or some famous quote , but add other characters instead of a vowel , or use symbols in the sentence.... example ....... Say I have an "A" in a word and I want to make it more difficult I could use " @ ". Instead . After all you can't always catch a thief, but the idea is to slow em down , until they slip up or so frustrated they move on
LATER ON .....

Most reactions