What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you Jail Break your iPad?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am curious to see where some are on this. If not, do you plan on it?

5a1e4551.png

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im a 100% jailbreaker.

Im not jailbreaking becuase through the jailbreak u are able to get almost ALL appstore´s apps free, free apps Is the last thing Im In for when It come to jailbreak.

As i have mention before several time In this forum the iPad can do so much more then many knows and don´t know.

So many features that can be anabled with a jailbreak.

There are many apps that exist to the apple product and just as many that not been signed by apple and therefore do people not know about these apps.

So many people have different questions In this forum, "can I do this?, How can I do that etc" and many many answers that solves It lies In a jailbreak.

There are so many things u can do when the apple device Is jailbroken.

ex

BTstack
(let´s u connect many thing´s by/with bluetooth)

Backgrounder
(Same thing as multitasking, some people think "backgrounder still Is better then the coming "Multitasking In 4.2")

Winterboard
(Change themes on the apple device just as easy as changing deskot theme on a pc)
Ex:
111amv.jpg

222vp.jpg

iFile / SHH
Superior overveiw/browser of the entire content on the apple device from your Mac or PC through Wi-Fi, drag/drop, copy/past, edit all files on the device.
Allowes u to install apps without iTunes.

Have 7 icon dock.

Larger or smaller icons, change icons.

Tethering. (ex Surf internet on non 3G iPad through your iPhone´s internet everywhere)

Make the device think It´s on Wi-Fi when It´s on 3G that makes u able to download file from ex appstore larger the 20mb.
Skype wherever u are over 3G net. Watch youtube HD.

Unlock the iPad to send/receive sms/mms.

So many things..... the list are endless.

And It´s not illegal eather.

Last edited:

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. Day one. I wouldn't have it any other way. All the awesome features you can add makes it totally worth it!

jefffanguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So cool, can you explain more about process or method of jailbreaking?

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So cool, can you explain more about process or method of jailbreaking?

The jailbreak it self does not do all these stuff, it only opens a door to be able to change or add things that might not be possible with a non jailbreaked ipad.
When the jailbreak process is done u will find a new app called Cydia, and this app IS the opening door.

One really good thing Is that u can save your "firmware settings" called shsh, with this saved u are able to downgrade/go back to an older firmware that you had installed before.

First of all must your existing firmware be able to be jailbreaked, and i know for sure that ios versions 3.2 and 3.2.1 and maybe 3.2.2 can be jailbreaked.

There are different ways to jailbreak the ipad, some are tricky and some Is " one klick only".

Read this before u consider to jailbreak and after that u are free to ask me anything about jailbreaking, and i will answer as good as i can and after my knowlage in jailbreaking.
There are many sites explaining why u should and why u dont should jailbreak, surf the net and read some good and bad writings about jailbreaking.

Jailbreaking Your iPad: How You Can and Why You Should

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All this is really a moot point since Marie has installed iOS 4.2 for which there is no jailbreak and probably won't be for some time. And from what I understand, even if she could go back to 3.2.2 (which I don't think you can), there is no jailbreak for that either so all this discussion is really just academic!

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my iPhone JB and love it. I love the windows 7 theme (has some really good looking, basic icons) and options to control the phone.

Thought about JB the iPad but I just got it Friday and with the new update soon coming out I'll just wait for that then the JB for it.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All this is really a moot point since Marie has installed iOS 4.2 for which there is no jailbreak and probably won't be for some time. And from what I understand, even if she could go back to 3.2.2 (which I don't think you can), there is no jailbreak for that either so all this discussion is really just academic!

All this discussion is just that. A discussion, Scott. I never said in my OP that I want to JB.

Even though you know I go back and forth. And we both know there will be a JB for OS4, matter of time ~ Greenpoison is about to be released for 3.2 ~

The point of THIS thread was to find out if the ones I communicate here on the board, if they had JB or not. Or plan too.

That is all.:)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts