What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting Old podcasts

tonybob0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I can't seem to delete individual podcasts once read. I've read several solutions but none of them seem to work. Please help!

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What are you using to view them?

Do you download directly to your IPad or through iTunes (this last shouldn't effect deleting, but you never know)?

I right swipe and tap on delete

image-3639105200.jpg

Right swipe the line that has the name and the delete button shows up

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's exactly how I delete podcasts that I download from iTunes into the podcast app. Are you using the Apple podcast app?

OP
T

tonybob0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied. That works just fine. I'm new to this game. I just wish there was a little more instruction than nothing!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The good news is that most apps behave in a similar fashion; thanks to Apple's interface guidelines. You'll quickly learn what icons tend to hide what features, and what gestures to try.

Somewhere around there there are links to the Apple iPad User Guide. Hmm, there they are:

As a PDF from Apple's support pages: Apple - Support - Manuals
As an ePub in the iBooks Store (free): https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-6.1/id600665136?mt=11
Or the website version. You'll find the link at the bottom of your bookmarks in Safari.

Going through it will familiarize you with the conventions you will find in most apps, and other useful tidbits.

Apple does supply these links/info in the box. They could make it a little more obvious though. It's all on the back of a rather small card in rather small print. It has a picture of the iPad and what the buttons do on the other side.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts