Deleting Music

Discussion in 'iTunes Forum' started by sceadugenga, Mar 18, 2016.

1. sceadugenga

sceadugenga
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I while back I had a long road trip coming up so downloaded a very large music file from iTunes.

If I delete this now can it be downloaded again at no additional cost?

If not, can I move it to iCloud, if so, how?

(iPad 3)

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Anything purchased from iTunes will be available in your iTunes purchase history and can be re-downloaded at no extra charge.

There's only one exception. Sometimes music you've previously purchased from iTunes is removed from the iTunes Store and from your purchase history. That's why I keep a local copy of all my iTunes purchases on an external hard drive. You can then sync them to your iPad anytime you connect to iTunes on your computer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. sceadugenga

sceadugenga
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for that, the local copy is not a bad idea, how do I move it to the new drive from the iPad?

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Do you keep your music on a computer in iTunes and/or elsewhere? If so, then it is an easy process to transfer music to an external HD (or even a LARGE USB flash drive or SD card). For myself, I have well over 100 hours of MP3 music on my MBPro laptop (most ripped from CDs but other music downloaded from iTunes, Amazon, and several other sites) - most is organized in iTunes and on my internal HD - about once a week, I do Time Machine & cloning backups of this computer and also as further security my personal files (music, photos, docs, etc.) to an external SSD drive. SO, let us know - if you do not use a computer and iTunes, then other options can be suggested. Dave :)

5. sceadugenga

sceadugenga
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    1. I gave up trying to sync a long time back, I was just too thick to get it to work. I just connect to the PC using the charger cable to load files to the iPad.

6. hamish05064

hamish05064
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    same trouble arrived with me also but i got really frustated while deleting those since they get failed everytime when i tried to remove them or transfer them to iCloud