What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting email contact

chelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hand typed an address into a piece of mail before I had synced my computer info but I typed it in wrong. Now I finished bringing everything over and I have gotten the notorious mailer domain error message. I would like to delete the bad address, however, it only shows when composing mail, not in the Contact App. Any help would be appreciated.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hand typed an address into a piece of mail before I had synced my computer info but I typed it in wrong. Now I finished bringing everything over and I have gotten the notorious mailer domain error message. I would like to delete the bad address, however, it only shows when composing mail, not in the Contact App. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum! With respect to your question, you've run into the age-old iOS complaint about not being able to edit Mail's auto-fill list. In other words, unfortunately at this time it's not possible to do what you suggest. As you use the newer, correct address the incorrect one will be listed lower, but it will continue to be there until Apple decides that there's a need and that we're capable of editing that file. Some folks have overcome this by completely removing all of their email accounts, resetting their iPad (hold the Sleep/wake switch and Home button down until the Apple logo appears) and then setting them up again. Wish I had better news.

In the meantime, there are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Welcome again and enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts