What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting app files

UgashikBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My itelemetryfpv app is accumulating a large amount of files and I would like to selectively delete them if possible. Using itunes I can display and copy them to my pc but can see no way to delete them. Suggestions appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the app, but there should be a way of deleting files from within the app.

I recommend trying the usual methods:

Find the screen/view that shows the files either in a list or as thumbnail/icons.

In both cases look for an Edit or Select button on the screen. Once this is tapped (and files are selected by tapping on them) you should get a delete options.

In list view, try swiping across (left to right, or right to left) the list entry as if you were crossing it out. A Delete button should appear.

In icon/thumbnail view, try tap-holding on one of the icons until the screen enters a select/delete mode. You can usually tell this by the icons getting an 'x' in a corner (tap to delete) or you will be able to tap each icon and produce a check mark (after which a delete button or trash can should appear in the menu.

If you still can't find out how to delete the files (and no one here offers better help than mine), try contacting the developer for support: ImmersionRC - Real Virtuality - Contact Us - FPV Products, EzOSD, EzUHF, EzAntenna Tracker and more!

OP
U

UgashikBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tp:
The app records telemetry data downloaded from my drone during flight that is not viewable by the app. You can use itunes to display the files(.kml & .csv) via devices/ipad/app then either add or save to a pc loacation where I use them for input to Google Earth or a spreadsheet but there is no provision I can find in iTunes to delete the application files. Thank you for your suggestions.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And you don't even get a file view in the app? That's just wrong, and I'd let the developer know. Whether you can view them or not, you should be able to delete them.

In iTunes on the computer, when you see the file in the File Share settings, try selecting (highlighting) the file and pressing the Delete key on the keyboard. If memory serves (and it occasionally does) that's how you delete files from that view.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts