What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delayed lock sound

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
justinboyer said:
What could be delaying the lock sound? It's only a second delay but a bit annoying.

What do you mean by the lock sound? Is it the sound that the slide-on start button makes after switching on the iPad or the sound you hear when you close a magnetic type iPad cover?

OP
justinboyer

justinboyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you close the cover or push the power button to sleep the iPad, the sound that acknowledges the action is delayed by a second or two. I'm pretty sure it started happening after updating to iOS 6.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
justinboyer said:
When you close the cover or push the power button to sleep the iPad, the sound that acknowledges the action is delayed by a second or two. I'm pretty sure it started happening after updating to iOS 6.

A second or even two I don't think is anything abnormal. Your machine must have a little time to shut down. Personally I enjoy that little "kachink" as it says goodnight to you.
Regards, Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts