What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

default login

davidtxs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok I am using an ipad I got from my mom who passed away before ever getting to use it. She did get apple to set it up I ned to change all the logins to mine for some reason somethings still open under her id is there a place where I can change the main apple id and password or should or just do a reset??

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Mother. :(

You are better off just restoring it. Anything purchased under her Apple ID (doesn't sound like it would be much) will need updating eventually anyway, and you can't do that without the ID.

If it is version iOS 5 or newer you can do it under Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. It will go through a setup where you can enter your Apple ID and other pertinent information. You need to have a wi-fi network available.

If it's iOS 4 or older you'll need to connect it to a computer running the latest version of iTunes. It will want to update to the newest iOS, and unless you have a good reason not to (like you really want to jailbreak) you might as well let it. Be prepared for it to take a while. You can do it this way with the newer iOS version as well.

To tell what iOS version you are running check under Settings > General > About > Version.

Good luck.

Most reactions