What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Database software for ipad

sjmercer68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I everyone, I want make a database of all my customers and be able to store their invoices and pictures etc. have had a rummage around the net but not much luck. I'm fairly new to the iPad but being a heating engineer have already found it invaluable . If I could get something to do this it would be the icing on the cake !

Beyondvision

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Database for the iPad - Filemaker Go 12!

I'm getting ready to create a very sophisticated business database management system that will eventually be deployed on several iPads. Just go to filemaker.com and purchase a copy of Filemaker Pro to create the database (they have dozens of pre-made template databases for different industries and tasks that can be fully customized) and they have tools to design it to be properly formatted for the iPad screen and use of touch based buttons. Then you can copy that database to the iPad and use Filemaker Go 12 which is now free from the App Store. If you want it to be dynamic and more than one person accessing and updating it, then you can keep Filemaker Pro 12 running on a dedicated computer connected to the internet and then up to 5 FileMaker Go users on either iPads or iPhones can access the same database and make changes and upload photos, audio recordings or even videos recorded from the iPad's or iPhone's built in camera to the database over the internet. There are many Filemaker Pro developers out there as well as user groups that you could find in your area to get more help. If your needs are not too sophisticated, then you might want to look at their lower priced and friendly to use Bento software which also has an App you can use on your iPad or iPhone, but then this will be for single user access only I believe. I hope that gives you enough info to get started!

Last edited:
OP
sjmercer68

sjmercer68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sounds great I'll take a look. Thanks I really appreciate your input.

Most reactions

Latest posts