What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data usage

FirstApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, when I first bought my iPad from the US, I can see the data usage via AT&T icon. Now I am traveling here in china and I am using china unicom sim. The data usage icon is not visible anymore.

Can anyone share their tip on how to monitor the data usage on the iPad using another carrier?
Thanks.:)

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should still have data usage under "usage".... if not, connect to iTunes and check for update and see if any Carrier Updates are available - it may install some updates from China Unicom to be able to show your usage.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would try Going to Settings, and in the general tab select Usage like user stated above. I'm not familiar with the company, but can you monitor data usage on the website china unicom uses for billing and such?

Most reactions

Latest posts