What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
C

ccohen6410

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it working somewhat. The cydia file or app mobile substrate is causing the problem. When I delete mobile substrate it leaves safe mode and works fine. However when I reinstall categories or sbssettings or something that loads mobile substrate then it will only go into safe mode. I hate to completely wipe my iPad. Does anyone know how to fix it? Also I can copy the crash reporter log if thAt would help. Finally, if I do have to wipe my iPad I believe I have saved my shah blobs. Above the welcome to cydia I see the following SHSH: iOS 4.3.3 ; 4.3.5. I just want to make sure as I don't want to lose my jailbreak.

Finally, could I just delete all my cydia Apps and cydia and then reinstall everything instead of wiping my iPad? Please let me know if posting the crash report is helpful

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Firstly, I found it necessary to edit your post above. You should read our rules. We don't tolerate piracy in any way shape or form on these forums and the fact you are using repos which provide pirated and cracked applications leaves me with little option but to believe your problems with Dreamboard are probably related to this too, since my legitimate Dreamboard and my paid for version of Honeycomb iPad do not behave in the way you described. The legitimate Dreamboard comes with the Default theme which lets you exit back to the normal iPad springboard.

Secondly, you should NEVER remove Mobile Substrate. It is a key component of most jailbreak tweaks and is NOT at fault here. Your best advice is to restore using your saved blobs. Follow the tutorial which graywolf suggested here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

And in future please read our rules and understand that you will not receive support from us if you choose to steal other peoples software. That is NOT what jailbreaking is about and we don't tolerate it here. Cydia gives you fair warning when you try and add one of these repos and makes you confirm that you want to add a source which provides pirated and cracked apps therefore ignoracnce of the facts is not an excuse.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts