What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cut and paste.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you want to paste something, tap and hold a word, until this appears:

image-1534103620.jpg

"Select" will highlight one word/number, "Select all" will highlight everything on that page/file:

image-3668072159.jpg

When you release your finger, you'll see the options of the second screenshot. Tap "Copy". Then tap somewhere where you want to paste it, and hold until this appears:

image-2534886468.jpg

Here, tap "Paste".

Cutting will start the same way, but instead of choosing "Copy", you tap "Cut", which will remove the highlighted part.

OP
Greg Martin

Greg Martin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I'm not understanding the reason why anyone would need it. Remember J.A. I'm pretty new at this, and even though I see cut & paste quite often is it something people find useful, because I've gotten by without thus far.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I rarely need "Cut", but "Paste" is very useful for me when I post a website link to the Apple Support site, e. g.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's useful for moving text around in a document, or even a long post. If you've typed in several paragraphs and decide that the second one really should have been the last, you can select it, cut it, and then paste it to the bottom of the post.

It saves the step of having to go back and delete the now duplicated text.

Copy & Paste is more common, and is mostly about getting text from one app to another, or from one text entry field to another.

Most reactions

Latest posts