1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Creating a Multiple Login Macro?

Discussion in 'Productivity Apps Forum' started by orchdirector1, Dec 11, 2013.

1. orchdirector1

orchdirector1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a teacher using the Google Drive app on the iPad. Each student has their own login and password. I have access to these. I often have to cycle between students' accounts to record their assignment, sign out, then on to the next student.

Logging in manually for all these students takes wayyyy too much time.

How can I create a macro/shortcut so I can just:
    tap a student name
    Google Drive app opens
    auto enter account
    auto enter password

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    You can't really do macros on an iPad, unless they are built into the app for that app; which they are not for Google Drive.

I have an alternate idea that might work for you.

Go the the appropriate folder in each student's account and share it with your Google Drive account. That way you should be able to see each student's files in the Shared With Me area of your own account.

It might take a bit more training, to make sure students drop their assignments in the right folder.

I'm not sure exactly how those folders will look on your end. You might need to name them something like "BJonesAssignments, to keep them all straight.
    • Like Like x 1