What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a Bookmark in Safari on iPad

RogerNJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I assume that this is easy for some, but I cannot create a bookmark in Safari. I click on the icon and choose Add Bookmark, then Save.

But I do not see the bookmark in the Bookmarks Bar.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Roger

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RogerNJ said:
I assume that this is easy for some, but I cannot create a bookmark in Safari. I click on the icon and choose Add Bookmark, then Save.

But I do not see the bookmark in the Bookmarks Bar.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Roger

After you click to create the bookmark you need to tell it where you want the bookmark created
You do this in the third field of the dialog box that pops up
So to find out where your already created bookmarks are start to create another one and see what is in that field when the dialog appears
Whatever you used last is what will be there the next time you create a bookmark
I think the default is just bookmarks
You can browse to that location to use the bookmarks that are there
But you can't manage your bookmarks from the iPad, that has to be done on whatever computer you sync with

Reaction score
Ok, in Safari there are 2 main Bookmark storage places, the Bookmarks Bar and the plain old Bookmarks.

Bookmarks can be opened, by clicking the open book icon and then your bookmark. But if you wanted to have your bookmarks appear in the bookmarks bar, either edit your current bookmarks or add them again.

To edit, select the open book icon, click edit, click on your desired bookmark, then touch the third option, where it says "Bookmarks" and instead select Bookmarks Bar.

When ever you add a new bookmark, just make sure to save it in Bookmarks Bar and not in Bookmarks.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts