What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craziest Reason To Buy iPad Pro!

Unkei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Craziest Reason To Buy An iPad Pro

I bought my new 10.5 inch iPad Pro so I could run a $20 app! I dabble fairly deeply in photography and use Photoshop CS6 on my desktop. Till now, I had not considered any mobile app to have enough depth to do proper PP on a mobile platform. That all changed when I got my latest DPReview newsletter. A link pointed me to an in depth review of Affinity Photo and I was super impressed! Problem was...it would only run on the iPad Pros! So off I went and purchased a 512 GB 10.5 inch iPad Pro, an Apple Pencil, and a keyboard! Oh yeah...when I got home I paid my $20 and downloaded Affinity Photo!

Yup..I’m officially nuts!

Unkei

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Crazy? Not so much.

A high end Wacom that would give you similar abilities would cost as much (or more), and without the portability and other bonus features. Before the iPad came out, I was often tempted by the high end Wacom tablets, and I’m just a dabbler when it comes potography and drawing.

It’s only crazy if you don’t use it. And given the nature of the iPad, even if you don’t do that much with photography, there are plenty of other uses for it. You’re bound to find a few other apps you like.

Oh yes, there are also a couple of apps that will let you use your iPad as an input device for your computer; similar to a Wacom. So, if you’ve ever wanted one of those, you just got two new image editing tools for the price of one. The last review I remember reading was for AstroPad.

OP
Unkei

Unkei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crazy? Not so much.

A high end Wacom that would give you similar abilities would cost as much (or more), and without the portability and other bonus features. Before the iPad came out, I was often tempted by the high end Wacom tablets, and I’m just a dabbler when it comes potography and drawing.

It’s only crazy if you don’t use it. And given the nature of the iPad, even if you don’t do that much with photography, there are plenty of other uses for it. You’re bound to find a few other apps you like.

Oh yes, there are also a couple of apps that will let you use your iPad as an input device for your computer; similar to a Wacom. So, if you’ve ever wanted one of those, you just got two new image editing tools for the price of one. The last review I remember reading was for AstroPad.

Yeah..I actually have a Wacom Tablet..a smaller one with the wireless kit. Had the huge Intuos 4 Wacom but actually gave it away as it was so large I never used it! And I have Splashtop Remote which I could use to work with Photoshop, but it was always very laggy. Is that even a word? LOL! Anyway, thanks for the reply. I am loving the iPad Pro so far! The Apple Pencil is great, but the charging method sucks in my opinion! And it loses charge quickly even when not in use.
Unkei

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check under Settings > Battery. Tap the clock icon to see what apps have been using the most battery (on screen and background). The iPad shouldn’t be losing a lot of charge when not in use.

I have Spalshtop. It’s only laggy when I use it over the internet. It’s reasonably responsive over the local wi-fi (for what that’s worth). Despite that, it would make a terrible graphic input method; you’d be trying to control the computer’s drawing tool by remote. The apps designed for graphic input should give you a native iPad & Pencil drawing experience.

And yes, laggy is a word. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts