1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

cost

Discussion in 'iPad FAQ' started by gunman, Apr 21, 2010.

1. gunman

gunman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am curious as to what people are paying for internet service on their ipads. I'm on a limited budget and don't know if this is something I can afford. Can anyone out there give me some insight here....thxs
  2. Tagg67

Tagg67 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Apple's website has the following for the WiFi - 3G model:

250MB per month for $14.99 per month

Unlimited per month for $29.99 per month.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  3. arshield

arshield iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are some alternatives, but they may not be all that much cheaper. Sprint has the overdrive hotspot (for use with a plan wifi), but it is $59 a month.

I am switching from comcast to Clear. Under comcast I had 12 MB per second (actual) for $43, but I am going with Clear which is a wireless provider. My home network drops down to 4MB (so far, I am going to move it around to see if I can get up to the 6 advertised) and a hotspot that is supposed to be 3 MB. The hotspot is still on its way so I cannot test it yet. But the total for Clear is $55 a month. (both before taxes.) So I have convinced myself I am only paying $13 for unlimited.