Correct DVD format for IPad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Ajimoli, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Ajimoli

Ajimoli iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've used DVD Fab to rip my movies into a suitable format for my PSP and my IPhone for a couple of years. All the movies that I have ripped and store on my portable hard drive are in the MPEG-4 format. I can easily load these into my IPad and they play quite well but I was wondering if there is a better format that I should rip to in order to get the best possible resolution when viewing the movies on my IPad.

I've noticed that many of the applications that I had on my IPhone and chose to also load onto my IPad had to be viewed in a small format. If you chose the option to enlarge (2X) the resolution sucked. Of course many of these applications are now available in the IPad format and I have reloaded all that are available but this got me to thinking that I might not be seeing the best possible resolution on the movies that I used to watch on my IPhone and are now watching on the IPad. This is my reason for the question.

Thanks for any help.:D

Paul

2. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    I'm ripping my DVDs to mp4 for my iPad. But I'm ripping at a higher resolution than the iPhone resolution.

I'm using hand break with the apple tv presets.

The files end up being a little over one gig each.