What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying

picayune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you copy something , where does it go ? How do I retrieve it? Thanks greg

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you copy something, it goes to a virtual clipboard on the iPad. The only way to access it is if you opened an app and, after pressing the screen to get the option, pasted the copied data in the app.

It's like a computer in that the virtual clipboard is "erased" every time you copy somet NGO; the new copy command will overwrite whatever was there. However, it's a bit different in that if you copy something and try to past it into an app that doesn't handle that type of file/input, it won't work. For example, if you copy a photo and then try to paste it into your Notes app, it won't work as the Notes app is text only.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

SWIBMama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn, Thanks for this response. It helped answer one of my questions. I'd like to follow up with another one that you might have the answer for. I'm trying to copy a photo from a pdf version of a magazine to paste it into Bento 4 so that I can organize these images. I know how to place photos into Bento from the Camera Roll. Is there a way to copy the image and paste it into the Camera Roll? Or do you know another way to copy an image directly into Bento? (In Bento 4 there's a choice to "choose existing media," meaning, the camera roll. It doesn't offer other choices for images already in the iPad.) BTW, I have an iPad 2. Thank you! SWIBMama

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't have or use Bento. So, I'm of no help. Except, have you tried saving the PDF photo into your camera roll (by holding it and seeing if you get a "Save" pop-up)? Or, maybe take a screen shot of the PDF? Then, that picture will be in your camera roll...

That's about all I have. Hopefully, someone else will be along with a [better] solution.

Marilyn

SWIBMama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THanks for the swift reply! I found how to take a screen shot on the "tips and tricks" sticky forum. I found that if I size the image I want and then take the screen shot, it works perfectly. It's great! No more cutting pages out of magazines I want to save! Thanks again, Marilyn.

Most reactions

Latest posts