What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy text not link in browsers like safari and atomic web

Tarekalitaha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway to copy text not the link, every time I copy a text that have an embedded link when I tried to paste it always paste the link not the actual text. Please advise.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a problem with every PC or Mac. The embedded link is not actually present at the site you're currently on, but rather on the site to which the link points. I don't know of a way to do this, but I suspect it's not possible.

If I've misunderstood you, please forgive me.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If there is some normal text near the link, tap and hold it to start a selection, then drag the selection handles to include the link. Depending on the webpage type and the idiosyncrasies of the selection tool you may end up copying a lot of text you don't want. In that case you may want to paste to the Notes tool, do a little editing, then copy again to paste to your final destination.

As long as you manage to include some normal text, the link should also be copied as text. At least that is what happened in my few tests.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As an after thought I tested this in Safari on the computer as well. It works, but after the selection you have to be careful to right click on the text, not the link, in order to get the copy option in the contextual menu: That or use the keyboard shortcuts, or Edit menu options.

Hmm, if you use the keyboard shortcut you don't even have to select the normal text. I bet this would work on the iPad too, if you have a bluetooth keyboard connected.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts