What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No executable links in 'Contacts'?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I did the initial sync with my PC, the stock iPad Contacts app downloaded the info from Outlook and at first glance all was well; however I had a large number of links in notes beneath some contact entries that were executable in Outlook, and these links are not executable on the iPad. They do not appear in the usual blue underlined text.

It's a total PITA to have to fiddle around with that stupid magnifying glass gizmo and the blue 'copy' box to select/copy the text of the link, close Contacts, open Safari, paste the text into the Safari address box and then finally execute, instead of just being able to execute straight from Contacts with a single click.

Just as annoying, in Outlook all these links were embedded in text to save clutter, and now the full hyperlink appears, resulting in mess of text which is nothing like as clear to navigate.

Any ideas/solutions?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If it's not too many contacts/URLs, you can copy/paste the link up to the Homepage field of the contact. That field is an active hyperlink. Ugly, but a workaround.

P.S. are you on CPF too? There's a DM51 over there too.

Most reactions