What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Control Centre, am I missing something?

Ingliside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok you can switch off and on the wifi and Bluetooth but there seems no way to then proceed to choose relevant wifi or Bluetooth when you switch them ON except by going to settings !!!

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok you can switch off and on the wifi and Bluetooth but there seems no way to then proceed to choose relevant wifi or Bluetooth when you switch them ON except by going to settings !!!
Once you pair your device with any Bluetooth device, it automatically establishes connections with the device, if you switch Bluetooth on from control centre. Similarly, it connects automatically with any wifi connectivity if you switch on wifi from control centre only if you have connected with it before and not made your iPhone forget it. Control Centre is made only for ease of access and all main changes and connectivity requirements have to be implemented from Settings separately.

OP
I

Ingliside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem is I have to use settings as I have a variety of Bluetooth devices, maybe apple can do this from the control centre in future, thanks for confirming what I thought.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Problem is I have to use settings as I have a variety of Bluetooth devices, maybe apple can do this from the control centre in future, thanks for confirming what I thought.
Once any Bluetooth device is paired with your iPad and it comes in range of it, with BT on your iPad turned on, it automatically establishes connection, so, you just have to get the BT device to work and the iPad connects with it. Simple, is it not?

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once any Bluetooth device is paired with your iPad and it comes in range of it, with BT on your iPad turned on, it automatically establishes connection, so, you just have to get the BT device to work and the iPad connects with it. Simple, is it not?

What I think he means (would be nice if the OP gives an example), he has a number of bt devices, all on and all within range and he wants to be able to choose which device to connect to from control center. This might save one click than using setting Bluetooth and device. Compared to swipe to control centre se. Choose a device to connect if bt is on or switch bt on and choose a device. although if has bt on and there a lot of bt devices in range it will connect to the last it paired with.

I could be wrong though as he seems to suggest that it is a normal practice in other devices. I don't have any except samsung galaxy s2 which does not do that. It is the same behaviour as iOS.

Last edited:

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What I think he means (would be nice if the OP gives an example), he has a number of bt devices, all on and all within range and he wants to be able to choose which device to connect to from control center. This might save one click than using setting Bluetooth and device. Compared to swipe to control centre se. Choose a device to connect if bt is on or switch bt on and choose a device. although if has bt on and there a lot of bt devices in range it will connect to the last it paired with.

I could be wrong though as he seems to suggest that it is a normal practice in other devices. I don't have any except samsung galaxy s2 which does not do that. It is the same behaviour as iOS.
There should not be any limitations to that as anyone might want to connect to 2 BT devices at once, like a printer and another phone. I think you have to do them from Settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts