What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contacts?

ceedeei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.barchester.webs.com
I posted earler tonight about the iPad not finding the music on my computer but solved that myself by reading your FAQ's. Now I have just seen that my iPad contacts have only the one contact, i.e. that of my son that he put in on a different computer before I accepted the iPad from him. Can you tell me where the iPad looks on the computer for it's contacts list?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can sync under the Info tab in iTunes. Plug in your iPad and click on the name of it, then click on Info in the right hand pane.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can sync it with Google contacts, so if you ever lose your iPad or upgrade to a different one, you can re-sync your contacts instead of losing them all or having to type them in again.

The instructions are in the iPad help file, as well as on the Google help pages.

AlanKearney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Missing Contacts in iPad, iPhone, MBP & Mobileme?

I've had my 3G iPad since they came out. Almost every week since syncing with my MBP, MobileMe and iPhone I started getting massive amounts of Contacts & Calendar duplicates! I would call Apple tech & we'd upgrade from the "cloud" & everything a-ok. Happened once every week for months!

Finally took about 6 hours and completely cleaned MobileMe at tech suggestion. Contacts dropped from 740 to 342, no dupes!

Synced iPad, ok! iPhone, ok! MacBookPro, OK!

NOW, once a week every device looses just Contacts, but not from MM so "manual sync" fixed problems.

Yesterday dropped Contacts (always Fri?), even on MM, grrrr!

Found missing Contacts on old G5 NOT using wifi in home!

All Sync settings are set to Manual! HELP, Alan

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I've had my 3G iPad since they came out. Almost every week since syncing with my MBP, MobileMe and iPhone I started getting massive amounts of Contacts & Calendar duplicates! I would call Apple tech & we'd upgrade from the "cloud" & everything a-ok. Happened once every week for months!

Finally took about 6 hours and completely cleaned MobileMe at tech suggestion. Contacts dropped from 740 to 342, no dupes!

Synced iPad, ok! iPhone, ok! MacBookPro, OK!

NOW, once a week every device looses just Contacts, but not from MM so "manual sync" fixed problems.

Yesterday dropped Contacts (always Fri?), even on MM, grrrr!

Found missing Contacts on old G5 NOT using wifi in home!

All Sync settings are set to Manual! HELP, Alan

in itunes when you look at the ipad info you should turn Sync iCal Calendars off. Turn Sync Address Book Contacts Off. Unchecl all boxes under "Replace informateion on this iPad during the next sync".

if you have mobile me account or exchange account they will sync your contacts and calendar for you over the air. For each additional thing in itunes you ask to be synced it will add those as duplicates.

AlanKearney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Un-wanted dupes

Thanks for the tip Mike. I've done most of what you suggested already, all but one, iCal. I've been down this road with Apple 3 times during that 90 day help period. I just backed up the iPad and installed the new software so I'll see what happens.

I do have a MobileMe account, thinking that might be a good way to keep a backup, besides the one on external drives.

Alan

Most reactions