What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Closed-captioning

AppleiPadN64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am taking a "blended" class because since I can't be in-class all the time due to my work schedule, I am still "there" anyway. The class relates to computers. One website that either my instructor or a classmate of mine came across was (I can't post websites because my post count is low). In this way, due to my hearing impairment, I can watch videos with subtitles (closed-captioning) for those who are deaf and/or HOH (hard-of-hearing). And... since I own my Apple iPad (64 GB Wifi+3G model), I have my CC device set to "ON". However, when watching an online video, such as youtube, why doesn't CC work on my iPad? Is this a bug or something that has not been developed yet? With that website , click on "Web Samples"), I am able to watch CC regardless of language setting (English as my default, of course!). Is the new iPad (Gen. 2) coming out? If so, will it MAKE Closed-captioning work by then? Thank you!

AppleiPadN64
:ipad-front:

Most reactions

Latest posts