What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another reason to love Apple!

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As some of you may know I am deaf and must have closed captions or subtitles included in videos in order to enjoy them. A few months ago I attempted to purchase one of my favorite movies, entitled Robots, from iTunes. However, after finding the movie on iTunes, I noticed it wasn't captioned. So, knowing I had nothing to lose, I contacted Apple via the Apple Feedback site and asked them if they would add closed captions to this movie so I could purchase it. Closed captions are usually added in iTunes at the same time the movie is added, you can verify this by checking out the most recent movies.

This morning I happened to search for this movie again. Guess what.. it's now closed captioned! I will be purchasing this movie today. I will also be sending a "thank you" note to Apple via their feedback site. Apple really listens!

(See the green text I have added to the below screenshot)

Attachments

• robots-itunes.jpg
    robots-itunes.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 309
OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess apple support in the internet is better than it is in the real world.

I've never had to deal with Apple in real life, this was the only time I had ever asked anything of this company. But, I'm highly impressed!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess apple support in the internet is better than it is in the real world.

Depends on who you get to help you. I had to call AppleCare back in 2012 to get my Black Friday discount for the iPad I bought I week earlier and the stupid girl on the phone automatically said no so I asked for a manager as I wasn't missing my 70.00 discount. So, of course, she either asked the manager and I got my discount. Sighhh, too much work. All other times have been very good.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is great news Ard!

I'm impressed that they actually did do something about this!

Enjoy your movie!!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
More proof that Apple does listen to feedback. Great news, Ard! Thanks for letting us know.

Most reactions