What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning of Interior of iPad Case

Dyeman12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have searched and found limited info on cleaning the interior microfiber lining of iPad covers. I have a smart cover and a canvas that leave the oily bars on the screen.

Posts have recommended automotive upholstery cleaner or soap/water. My concern is the glue that holds the microfiber to the interior of the case or smart cover.

Every few weeks I clean my microfiber cloth with a bit of Dawn that gets it squeaky clean to pick up another batch of oily finger prints from my sunglasses, iPhone and iPad screens.

Just wondering the best practice for doing this to the attached microfiber inside the cover.

OP
D

Dyeman12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well... Shot an email to Switcheasy asking what they recommended for cleaning the interior lining and got back "You may want to try just a damp cloth". Hopefully that is just the opinion of a sales guy.

I am wondering if a small amount of oil cutting soap (Dawn, Woolite) would be OK on the microfiber, but not breakdown the adhesive that binds the cloth to the folio. I just don't want to experiment on a $50 cover.

Any experiences along these lines would be appreciated.

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using a lint roller on the inside cover and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the outside. Both work pretty well for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts