Christmas gift, good price for IPAD3 with Retina display?

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by scott6809, Dec 8, 2012.

1. scott6809

scott6809
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I picked one up today for $449.99 at best buy, it's the 16gig model, they also had the 32 for the same price, but sold out.... I thought it was a good price.. Has anyone seen a better price for that model anywhere? If I can save more $$$ I'd like too.

Thanks
    Scott

2. louwin

louwin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Why would you buy a 3 when you could have a 4 for $5 or $10 more?

Look around.... :)

3. scott6809

scott6809
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    My wife and i were going to get him the Mini and said "Well for $70 more we can get him a IPAD2" then yesterday we saw an ad for Ipad3 $449.99 and said "Well for 50 more we can get him the Ipad3".... So in our case it was more than just $10 jump from what we originally had plan to spend. I was just curious if anyone had seen a better price than what we paid.

Thanks

4. zip255

zip255
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Stick with the ipad3, you'll have ios5 and don't upgrade that device, you'll be glad you didn't.

5. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If size isn't an issue, go for the iPad 3. You shouldn't, however, be afraid to update to iOS 6, as only a very small percentage of users are having any problems with it.
    If the smaller size of the mini is important, buy it instead.

6. zip255

zip255
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Stay away from the iOS six update you will regret doing that, your iPad 3 will come with iOS 5 stick with it and you'll be glad you did trust me

7. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with iOS 6, but you are in the small minority. Almost no one has had any significant problems with iOS 6. There's also a good chance that a recently purchased new iPad 3 has iOS 6 on it. The iPad 3 remained in production for about 2 months after iOS 6 was released.

8. zip255

zip255
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Actually that's incorrect your iPad will come with what ever was originally on it from Apple if it's an iPad 3 it absolutely will come with iOS five, if you look at the Apple website under refurbished iPads it states that also.

9. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    iOs 6 works fine on our two iPad3s and iPad mini. No problems whatsoever. I am very glad I have it.

10. zip255

zip255
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That is a play on words when percentages are talked about with the millions of iPads that are out there you could say it is a small percent but it is thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of people that are having issues with iOS six