What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas gift, good price for IPAD3 with Retina display?

scott6809

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked one up today for $449.99 at best buy, it's the 16gig model, they also had the 32 for the same price, but sold out.... I thought it was a good price.. Has anyone seen a better price for that model anywhere? If I can save more $$$ I'd like too.

Thanks
Scott

OP
S

scott6809

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and i were going to get him the Mini and said "Well for $70 more we can get him a IPAD2" then yesterday we saw an ad for Ipad3 $449.99 and said "Well for 50 more we can get him the Ipad3".... So in our case it was more than just $10 jump from what we originally had plan to spend. I was just curious if anyone had seen a better price than what we paid.

Thanks

zip255

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stick with the ipad3, you'll have ios5 and don't upgrade that device, you'll be glad you didn't.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If size isn't an issue, go for the iPad 3. You shouldn't, however, be afraid to update to iOS 6, as only a very small percentage of users are having any problems with it.
If the smaller size of the mini is important, buy it instead.

zip255

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stay away from the iOS six update you will regret doing that, your iPad 3 will come with iOS 5 stick with it and you'll be glad you did trust me

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
zip255 said:
Stay away from the iOS six update you will regret doing that, your iPad 3 will come with iOS 5 stick with it and you'll be glad you did trust me

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with iOS 6, but you are in the small minority. Almost no one has had any significant problems with iOS 6. There's also a good chance that a recently purchased new iPad 3 has iOS 6 on it. The iPad 3 remained in production for about 2 months after iOS 6 was released.

zip255

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually that's incorrect your iPad will come with what ever was originally on it from Apple if it's an iPad 3 it absolutely will come with iOS five, if you look at the Apple website under refurbished iPads it states that also.

zip255

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is a play on words when percentages are talked about with the millions of iPads that are out there you could say it is a small percent but it is thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of people that are having issues with iOS six

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I picked one up today for $449.99 at best buy, it's the 16gig model, they also had the 32 for the same price, but sold out.... I thought it was a good price.. Has anyone seen a better price for that model anywhere? If I can save more $$$ I'd like too.

Thanks
Scott

I've seen the iPad 3 for $100 off retail price, which would put it in the $399 range for the 16GB WiFi.

btw - iOS 6 is awesome............no problems here whatsoever with 4 different iPads.
Don't hesitate to upgrade IMHO. :thumbs:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
I've seen the iPad 3 for $100 off retail price, which would put it in the $399 range for the 16GB WiFi.

btw - iOS 6 is awesome............no problems here whatsoever with 4 different iPads.
Don't hesitate to upgrade IMHO. :thumbs:

Same deal here. iPhone and iPad are both running iOS 6 with no problems.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

zip255

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then your lucky, go to google and look up IOS 6 issues, if you have not updated to ios6 google it first then STAY AWAY from that update guys.

naina afridi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there.. I want to know that i have ipad 3 with ios 5 so, can i update ios 6 with jailbroken?

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Then your lucky, go to google and look up IOS 6 issues, if you have not updated to ios6 google it first then STAY AWAY from that update guys.

I think you've more stated your opinion on iOS6..........your obviously in the minority here.
No need to keep repeating yourself and try to convince many others that have had a great experience with iOS 6

Most reactions

Latest posts