What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

China Discovers 22 More Fake Apple Stores

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
china_fake_apple_store.JPG

Reuters reports today that following on from the discovery of an uncannily accurate fake Apple store in Kunming, China, Chinese authorities in Kunming have found another 22 fake Apple stores. According to Reuters, China’s Administration for Industry and Commerce in Kunming have ordered the stores to cease and desist using Apple’s iconic logo in their stores following a complaint from Apple that the stores represent “unfair competition†as well as violating Apple’s registered trademark. The Chinese authorities have also promised to set up a complaint hotline and continue to monitor the situation in Kunming. Reuters says that following on from the international furore caused by the initial story that was posted by an American blogger living in China who discovered the fake store, Chinese authorities inspected 300 shops in Kunming, which presumably unearthed the 22 fake stores that have now been ordered to stop using Apple’s logo. Apparently Chinese law also makes it illegal for companies to copy the “look and feel†of other companies’ stores, which the fake Apple stores were definitely guilty of, and then some!

Source: Chinese authorities find 22 more fake Apple stores | Reuters

Thanks to darkstar2007for the heads-up on this story.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From one of my favorites Casablanca:

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.
[aloud]
Captain Renault: Everybody out at once!

I think this explains it!

MarthaS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes copying stuff just reaches new limits. These guys are not satisfied with copying iPhone designs, and now entire Apple stores, obviously fake. How was that? I came across the article this morning...

And just add up the fact that the employees didn't know the whole thing. That was great! I discovered that all the fake apple store in China were forcely removed. I hope this served as a lesson for those people who are planning also to copy something which are not theirs.

Moderator edit...removed external links! Please read the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes copying stuff just reaches new limits. These guys are not satisfied with copying iPhone designs, and now entire Apple stores, obviously fake. How was that? I came across the article this morning...

And just add up the fact that the employees didn't know the whole thing. That was great! I discovered that all the fake apple store in China were forcely removed. I hope this served as a lesson for those people who are planning also to copy something which are not theirs.

Moderator edit...removed external links! Please read the forum rules.

You can hope all you want, but scammers will never be deterred. They just find new ways to leech off others' hard work.

Most reactions

Latest posts