What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chat sites on ipad

Supreme.Mugwump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Got a new ipad and can't use a chat site on it! The site loads (it's a non-flash chat site) but then the keyboard disappears every few seconds off the screen. I have tried downloading a different Internet browser (atomic) and that didn't make a difference. I think it seems to be something to do with the page constantly loading new things....? Ideas? I know I can buy a keyboard... That's not the answer I'm looking for :p I want to make this work with the on screen keyboard if possible.

Thanks!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you give us the site, so we can check from our side ?

Petercar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I chat through IMt it's in the app store. Yu can chat on facebook,msn,yahoo,and all others. And it also has push if your in any other apps or safari

OP
S

Supreme.Mugwump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the thing is that it loads and I can see and use the chat - its just the keyboard disappears all the time, like every couple of seconds.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth keyboard perhaps?

You've probably tried this but does the keyboard come back if you tap on the chat window or select some text?

OP
S

Supreme.Mugwump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could get a keyboard but it defeats the purpose of having an iPad for me and I'd rather not get one. It should just work! I tap into the little box where you type your text and start typing, then like one or two letters later the keyboard disappears. Then I have to tap back into the box to continue typing. It starts again with a capital at that point. This happens up to a few times per word! So frustrating!

mikomeltzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you would need to choose for HTML5 chat.
I guess 123flash do not support ipad fully (limited javascript).
I would check HTML5 chats like Rumbletalk, clooby, cvidya

Most reactions

Latest posts