What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging problems

alanmurf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my wife's ipad 2 will only power up when connected to her mains plug. The battery indicator constantly shows 56%. Can anyone suggest a fix please

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That sounds distressingly like you've got a hardware/battery problem.

If you have not done so, try a reset: Hold down the Power and Home buttons until the Apple Logo appears, then let it reboot.

You probably don't have AppleCare (purchased with the iPad), but if you do it's time to make use of your warranty. You can check the status of your warranty here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

If you have an Apple Store nearby you can make a Genius appointment and have them check the device over. The appointment and checkup are free. Repairs if required, not so much.

OP
A

alanmurf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried the reset you suggest but unfortunately as soon as I unplug the mains cable the power cuts off. When I put the cable back in it reboots with the apple logo
I think a visit to the store is my next move.
Thanks for your help anyway

Tweak2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm confused. Is this an iPad 2 or an iPad AIR 2 ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's an iPad 2. Nobody has had the iPad Air 2 long enough to have battery problems, at least we hope not.

Most reactions

Latest posts