What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Photos Location?

schrodinger56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to save pictures or videos you take on your iPad Pro 9.7 to somewhere other than the native Photos app, preferably to a Cloud service?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are quite a few photo apps in the App Store that can store photos taken from within the app in the app. Any photos taken with the stock camera app will end up in the stock photos app.

Here is one I sometimes use. It can also sync with cloud services.
Camera+ by tap tap tap
Camera+ on the App Store

OP
S

schrodinger56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if I understand you correctly any photo/video taken with the native iPad Camera app will be stored in the native Photos app; however if I use a different camera app to the native one such as Camera+ then I can select the location of the photo or video?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So if I understand you correctly any photo/video taken with the native iPad Camera app will be stored in the native Photos app; however if I use a different camera app to the native one such as Camera+ then I can select the location of the photo or video?
If you use the native camera app, the photos end up in the photos app. If you use the Camera + app, the photos are stored in the app. From there, you have various options as to where you can send the photos, such as iCloud photo sharing, email, Dropbox, etc.

OP
S

schrodinger56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately that isn't quite what I'm after. What I would like is to be able to take a photo/video but instead of the photo/video being saved to the native Photos app on the iPad I can save it to Google Drive.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's not possible. You'll have to upload the images to Google Drive from the Photos app.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you use Google Photos, enable Backup & Sync in the app, and enable Background App Refresh for the app in Settings - General, it will be able to refresh it's content when your iPad is connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile network, in the background.

Most reactions

Latest posts