What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing font color in bitesms ?

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to change the font color I bitesms-I have the Ando theme and the font is white with a baby blue back ground, hard for me to read-I've been searching how to do this with ifile but can't seem to figure it out. Thank you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll need to find the .plist that's controlling the color of that font. It can be in three places - the theme or biteSMS. To check the theme, look in the folder var/stash/[Theme]/Bundles/biteSMS. If there is a file in there titled Info.plist, open it (with iFile) and edit the font color line.

Or, the .plist could be in the actual biteSMS folder or a biteSMS theme folder. The address of those folders is either var/mobile/Library/biteSMS or var/mobile/Library/biteThemes.

The key is you are looking for the biteSMS theme's Info.plist so you can modify the font color. Hopefully, you'll find it in one of these three locations...

Marilyn

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'll need to find the .plist that's controlling the color of that font. It can be in three places - the theme or biteSMS. To check the theme, look in the folder var/stash/[Theme]/Bundles/biteSMS. If there is a file in there titled Info.plist, open it (with iFile) and edit the font color line.

Or, the .plist could be in the actual biteSMS folder or a biteSMS theme folder. The address of those folders is either var/mobile/Library/biteSMS or var/mobile/Library/biteThemes.

The key is you are looking for the biteSMS theme's Info.plist so you can modify the font color. Hopefully, you'll find it in one of these three locations...

Marilyn

I was able to find the info.plist but I can't find anything in the text file that pertains to the font color

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure if they still use the QR method anymore, but see if you can find a QR-theme.plist file in the Ando theme folder

EDIT: Scratch that. Inside the Info.plist folder, see if you can find a <key>qr-text-color</key> <string>#xxxxxx</string>. You might not be able to find it if you're using Notepad but you can give it a shot. It should be on the bottom most roll of strings if you look at the bottom on Notepad. The #XXXXXX is the hex color code. Or you can just copy and paste each of them one by one into Google and see which color is the color that you're trying to get rid of, then change it according to a color that you want (or #333333 for a grey-ish tint color for testing to see if it's the one). Once you find the one you're looking for, just change it to a color you like and that should get the job done.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Inside the biteSMS tweak itself (iFile address = /Applications), there is a file titled "QR-theme.example" (it's a .plist, but it may show with no extension and thus be unreadable - just add .txt to the end and you can open it as a text file).

Inside that file is a list of and and what colors they are. One of them is for message text (called "message"). That's the one you change.

Or, if you go to the biteSMS web site, there are directions on theming it.

If I may add a caution (just cause I'm a nervous Nellie like that) - make sure you are changing the .plist for the theme, not the biteSMS tweak itself. That way, you stay away from making any permanent system changes. I always make my changes via Winterboard (even if I have to create my own theme), I don't like messing about with system files for read. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you both very much for your help, between the both of you I found what I needed. However when in the QR folder it's says message just like you said, it actually says it twice, I'm assuming one for out going, one incoming but the color code they have is red and the other green, which doesn't make sense because the message colors that are in the theme are white for outgoing and black for incoming- I tried changing them to the color I wanted but it had no effect-?

OP
G

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you both very much for your help, between the both of you I found what I needed. However when in the QR folder it's says message just like you said, it actually says it twice, I'm assuming one for out going, one incoming but the color code they have is red and the other green, which doesn't make sense because the message colors that are in the theme are white for outgoing and black for incoming- I tried changing them to the color I wanted but it had no effect-?

Stupid mistake, I selected Ando SMS theme in winter board but didnt change it in the bitesms settings-so it is change now--geez, thanks for the help!

Most reactions

Latest posts