What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

change language

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all:

I have just received an IPAD 1 that I boought at ebay-france.
Everything is in french.I have no problems at all with french but as it is not for my own use I would like to change it to Portuguese.

How do we change the language ????

EDIT: I have found where to change general language menus , but wehn I go , for instance, to App. store everything is still in french.
is there any way to change the language completely ??

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all:

I have just received an IPAD 1 that I boought at ebay-france.
Everything is in french.I have no problems at all with french but as it is not for my own use I would like to change it to Portuguese.

How do we change the language ????

EDIT: I have found where to change general language menus , but wehn I go , for instance, to App. store everything is still in french.
is there any way to change the language completely ??

Each country's store uses its primary language -- French store, you get French. British store, you get English. So you'd need to use a store from a country that primarily uses Portuguese, if there is such a store. And of course the content of each store varies by country.

OP
H

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I have just solved the problem.

It is so easy.Shame on me.

tks for yr time.

OP
H

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry but there's still a small detail.

The wellcome screen has the date in french !!! on top of the screen the name of the week day is still in french and I din't see where I can change that.

Can someone please help me ??

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is easy. To change the display language on your iPad just tap the settings icon in the Home screen>Navigate to General settings and the scroll down to International Option>In the International screen, tap the Language option. Then, there will be list of languages that are available for your iPad. Select the preferred language from the dropdown list and Tap the Done option. Then your iPad will be rebooted with your selected language. And now you will get the change of language in your iPad home screen. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts