What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Keyboard....help!

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
quebec001 said:
Hi for your nice forum and help
sorry for my bad english(i speak french Canada) i have similar problem , i have logitech keyboard zagg zmap9701kb (QWERTY), normaly with virtual keyboard ipad2 if you hold down E key you have some accent, when i use extenal logitech zagg, this fonction not working, i hold down E et E repeat EEEEEEE, i am not sure how make my setup for add keyboard in my ipad setup
i redd this info on other forum "Many keyboards have additional hidden keys. To access these characters hold down a key on the keyboard and variations of that letter will appear. For example, holding down the letter E on the English (US) keyboard brings up 8 different options" but i am not sure the choice in setup,
Thanks for answear

If you want to switch between French and English keyboards on your iPad that's possible. Go to settings general and scroll down to the bottom where there's a keyboard option. Add French and when you leave settings there will be a globe key on the bottom left row of the iPad keyboard. Use it to toggle between the keyboards. Then when you hold down the e key on the French keyboard, for example, your accent options will appear. Just slide your finger to the desired option.

quebec001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya i have this option, i have key for changing between all keyboard all the languages ​​I did, but we have too many combination setting in Ipad2, and if you see "Many keyboards have additional hidden keys. To access these characters hold down a key on the keyboard and variations of that letter will appear. For example, holding down the letter E on the English (US) keyboard brings up 8 different options"

I tried, but I make an error due ?, I want to be sure it works before trying unnecessarily, so if there is someone who has already done, and I say yes it works, with logitech keyboard moel zmap9701kb (one of the first model) I bought on Ebay , and I did not notice it was a refurbishing, I'm pretty sure he is functional, but for holding down letter ? i dont know?

so changing between language keyboard key is not problem, i have this key, is for settup one new keyboard , is my problem
Thansk

Last edited:

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
quebec001 said:
Ya i have this option, i have key for changing between all keyboard all the languages ​​I did, but we have too many combination setting in Ipad2, and if you see "Many keyboards have additional hidden keys. To access these characters hold down a key on the keyboard and variations of that letter will appear. For example, holding down the letter E on the English (US) keyboard brings up 8 different options"

I tried, but I make an error due ?, I want to be sure it works before trying unnecessarily, so if there is someone who has already done, and I say yes it works, with logitech keyboard moel zmap9701kb (one of the first model) I bought on Ebay , and I did not notice it was a refurbishing, I'm pretty sure he is functional, but for holding down letter ? i dont know?

so changing between language keyboard key is not problem, i have this key, is for settup one new keyboard , is my problem
Thansk

So you're looking for a way to get the same features on a Bluetooth keyboard as with the built-in iPad keyboard?

quebec001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you're looking for a way to get the same features on a Bluetooth keyboard as with the built-in iPad keyboard?

Yes my logitch keyboard same english USA qwerty keyboard, so i want wen i push E key, popup with différent french accent

Last edited:

quebec001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so i dont know why ipad dont make driver for logittech keyboard zagg, this keyboard is made for ipad, and i tryed this keyboard on samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and when i push lay down "E" i have popup with some frech caracter, sams the keyboard virtual IPAD, whats the problem ?

Most reactions