What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change iPad 4 Owner

Oscar Myer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings all

I have replaced my iPad 4 with a new iPad 6th gen. My better half wants the old one for basically surfing and email. How do I delete any trace of me owning the old iPad and let her set it up in her name? She has an iPhone and would like to sync the iPad up to it as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings all

I have replaced my iPad 4 with a new iPad 6th gen. My better half wants the old one for basically surfing and email. How do I delete any trace of me owning the old iPad and let her set it up in her name? She has an iPhone and would like to sync the iPad up to it as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
You can go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings or connect to iTunes and choose the restore option. Both will erase all your data and leave the iPad in the same condition it was in when first unboxed. She can then set it up the way she chooses with her own Apple ID. BTW, an iPhone and iPad can both sync with iCloud or with iTunes but not with each other. Contacts and messages can be synced through iCloud and will appear on all devices using the same Apple ID.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Greetings all

I have replaced my iPad 4 with a new iPad 6th gen. My better half wants the old one for basically surfing and email. How do I delete any trace of me owning the old iPad and let her set it up in her name? She has an iPhone and would like to sync the iPad up to it as well.............

In addition to the excellent advise already given - make sure that you first sign out of iCloud (need to deactivate 'Find My iDevice'), iTunes, and the App store according to the quote below from an Apple Support Article. Dave :)

1. Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store.
    • If you're using iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
    • If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.

Most reactions

Latest posts