Change iPad 4 Owner

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by Oscar Myer, May 22, 2018.

1. Oscar Myer

Oscar Myer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Greetings all

I have replaced my iPad 4 with a new iPad 6th gen. My better half wants the old one for basically surfing and email. How do I delete any trace of me owning the old iPad and let her set it up in her name? She has an iPhone and would like to sync the iPad up to it as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings or connect to iTunes and choose the restore option. Both will erase all your data and leave the iPad in the same condition it was in when first unboxed. She can then set it up the way she chooses with her own Apple ID. BTW, an iPhone and iPad can both sync with iCloud or with iTunes but not with each other. Contacts and messages can be synced through iCloud and will appear on all devices using the same Apple ID.

3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    In addition to the excellent advise already given - make sure that you first sign out of iCloud (need to deactivate 'Find My iDevice'), iTunes, and the App store according to the quote below from an Apple Support Article. Dave :)

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Also, if you select Erase All Content and Settings, you'll get a pop up asking you to turn off Find My iPhone before you can erase the iPad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Jupiter7

Jupiter7
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    You will still need your Password to turn off Find my IPad, otherwise you can’t erase it.