What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant reset Ipad Mini2

C-Level

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

my daughter forgot her password on her ipad mini2, so I followed the instructions here to try and restore the ipad (We have accepted the data loss)

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

When I did this it just went back to its previous behaviour (asks for passcode, wrong passcode is put in and it says "Ipad is disabled - try again in 1 hour")

Having entered a wrong code a few more times it is now saying "Ipad is disabled - connect to iTunes"

I have connected the ipad to a pc with iTunes open but nothing is happening, its just stuck on "Ipad is disabled - connect to iTunes" and it wont even power off.

its a new installation of iTunes and no apple phone or library is associated with it as yet

I'd appreciate any advice on how to reset this ipad

Many Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
C

C-Level

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the replies the DFU Option worked .

Unfortunately it won’t let me set up a new Apple ID. I tried creating new email address / new Apple ID and it failed.

Initially it sent a verification code to the email address which I entered and a blue tick appeared beside it but then a pop up message appeared “we’ve run into a problem please try again later”.

I tried this several times with different email addresses but same result.

I was able to get it going with my own existing Apple ID but would you have any idea why I can’t create a new one and next steps?

Thanks again :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which way are you trying to set up the Apple ID? There are a few options:

On the iPad in Settings (sign out of the old ID, set up a new one) or during setup (after erasing the device completely, no iCloud ID connected to it)
In the App Store
In iTunes (computer)
Or online: Apple ID

OP
C

C-Level

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi J.A. :) I tried it via settings and also via app store when prompted after trying 1st download. Same result both ..

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Use the link in my previous post to create a new Apple ID. Follow the instructions. That should work without problems.

You’ll have to verify the email address.

After completing the process, sign out of the current Apple ID on the iPad and sign in with the new one.

OP
C

C-Level

iPF Noob
Reaction score
brilliant that worked for me J.A. thanks a million for your help with this

Most reactions

Latest posts