What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I unlock my iPad after it is disabled to the "connect to iTunes" screen(I know its pasword)?

Xakire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To clarify my "friend" desided to be an idiot and disabled my iPad all the way to were it says "iPad is disabled connect to iTunes". Is thier a way to unlock it WITHOUT losing all my data and stuff on my iPad. I know my password its only disabled becuase of my "friends" stupidity.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try force restarting it: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Then release both. Your iPad should power up on it's own.

If this doesn't help (put it out of recovery mode), there's nothing else you can do but connect it to iTunes (computer), and follow these instructions:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

OP
X

Xakire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to update but I needs me to "respond on iPad" but I cant do that with it disabled. Does this mean I have no choice but do some method that will erase everything on my iPad?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly.
If you can't get it out of recovery mode, follow the instructions in my previous post (website link).

Most reactions