What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can't play downloaded game and apps

jade1187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jz got my ipad yesterday, and then quickly downloaded few games and apps like FB, angry bird, overkill and Rally~it works fine.

then the next day morning, i tried to play again~all these apps doesnt work....when i click in, it jz jumped out to the home screen. Is it nessacery to connect with internet to play all these games and apps?

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When my iPad starts acting up I double check to see if there are too many apps running in the background, if not I power it off count to five and power it back on.
To check for apps that are running in the background, double-click the Home button. The screen will slide up and reveal the icons of the apps that are running. You can stop these apps from running by touching and holding an icon in this lower area until the icons start to shake. There will be a little X in a circle on the upper left corner of the icon. Touching the X will close the app. I have seen as many as twenty apps running in the background causing the iPad to malfunction. Every so often I check to see what apps are running the in the background and close the ones that I am not currently needing, usually that is all of them.
To power off the iPad, press and hold the power button on the top of the iPad. This is the same button that you use to turn off the screen. When you press and hold the button a red slider will show up on the screen with the words "Slide to power off.". Slide the red slider and let go. The iPad will power down. I usually wait for a count of five and then press the power button again for about two seconds. When you release the power button this time the Apple logo will appear in the middle of the screen as the iPad is readied for use. Your lock screen will appear with the "Slide to unlock" slider showing.
Usually I will close all background running apps and power down if I am experiencing trouble with my iPad. Then I power up and things are back to normal,
I believe this should work on both the original iPad and the iPad 2.

OP
J

jade1187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried with the way u taught and it still doesn't work, when i try to click on all apps and games i downloaded, it just jumped out to the home screen. any other way to solve?

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you able to run any apps on your iPad, even the ones that came with it out of the box? For instance, can you run Safari or Notes?
If not, I would do a restore to factory settings unless you have jailbroken your iPad. Mine is not jailbroken so far.
Can you get into the App Store?
If you can run the default apps; like Safari, Notes, etc.; then try deleting one of the apps that you downloaded and re-installing it, such as the Facebook app.touch and hold the icon until it starts to wiggle. Then touch the X on the upper right of the icon. Answer the pop up that you want to delete the program. Go to the AppStore on your iPad and re-download the Facebook app. See if it runs this time.

OP
J

jade1187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you able to run any apps on your iPad, even the ones that came with it out of the box? For instance, can you run Safari or Notes?
If not, I would do a restore to factory settings unless you have jailbroken your iPad. Mine is not jailbroken so far.
Can you get into the App Store?
If you can run the default apps; like Safari, Notes, etc.; then try deleting one of the apps that you downloaded and re-installing it, such as the Facebook app.touch and hold the icon until it starts to wiggle. Then touch the X on the upper right of the icon. Answer the pop up that you want to delete the program. Go to the AppStore on your iPad and re-download the Facebook app. See if it runs this time.

I solved it!!!!yeah!!!da apple staff said is only a bug inside and i downloaded a new application, then the problem is solved automatically!!!yahoo`~~~~~~~:thumbs:

joescoop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have i-pad 2 in which i have downloaded many games and I'm able to play all the games without internet connection.

Most reactions