What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't find printer after ios8.2 update

Ian Ferguson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just updated iPad and iPhone to ios8.2 and neither can find my printer now. Anyone know how to solve this issue?
Regards
Ian Ferguson

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have just updated iPad and iPhone to ios8.2 and neither can find my printer now. Anyone know how to solve this issue?
Regards
Ian Ferguson
G'day Ian. It's always a good idea to reset (reboot) your iPad after any software update. Do this:
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad. That often helps.
Regards, Andrew

OP
I

Ian Ferguson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi thanks for getting back to me. I eventually turned off all devices including printer. When I reconnected to wifi everything was back as should be.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi thanks for getting back to me. I eventually turned off all devices including printer. When I reconnected to wifi everything was back as should be.
That's excellent to hear you're good to go now. And thanks for coming back on this. Solutions, whatever they may be be, are useful records:)
Andrew

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I'm not LOL. I have 4 Devices (two 5S, Air and Three) updated to IOS 8.02 and none can print from native apps nor 3rd party apps like Noteability or Dropbox, others. I have an HP 3511 which gave me no problems in IOS 7 or 6. I am unable to print from Printer Pro app either. i have checked for updates to printer--none, I have wireless connection from my Airport Express to printer and occasionally I can get printer to spool and then get message saying printer no longer available, I have submitted bug report to Apple but that doesn't help. I believe I was able to print in IOS 8 but not sure now LOL. i did NOT install IOS 8.01 thank goodness.

i've had Ipad since first week of Ipad one, have had Three and now a 128 GB 3G and I can use it with multi apps for almost everything and have grown to love using it and my relatively custom made for me very fast PC sits forlorn except for photo processing in Lightroom and Photoshop. But these upgrades have made me think twice about being an early adopter ever again--going to wait 2 or 3 mos, from this point.

And I still do plan to upgrade one 5S to a 6 or 6 Plus when my contract is up.

And addendum--I do have to do a reset on my Air quite often to keep it humming, otherwise Safari in particular slows WAY down, twitter doesn't load well. OTOH, I do like a number of the new things available so while this is personally annoying I do understand how new firmware has to get out in the world to find to find all these bugs.

Most reactions

Latest posts