What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't delete no sender, no message dated 1969 messages

Bethnull

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have about six messages in my inbox with (no sender) no message. When I try to delete them I get "no message selected". How do I delete these messages? I've had my iPad for a year and this is the first time I've seen this. Thank you for any help. There was another similar but no response.

OP
B

Bethnull

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, they disappeared, I don't know how

Thanks, these messages have disappeared. Very strange!

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That was Steve's Job angels that came to your rescue... Lol. I hate when stuff like that happen because you can't explain how it happened.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I get these as well. While they do disappear, I am not sure whether they represent an email that should be there and is now lost or what. Does anyone know?

Jetranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a lot of the same kinds of e-mails ... with old dates, no subject, no content, and no option to select them to delete them or move them.

This iPad 2 is so full of bugs ...

porschedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So how does one remove these emails from 1969? They came before Al Gore invented the Internet. LOL

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually those are phantom messages left behind when deleting from an IMAP or ActiveSync based account. They usually disappear as soon as the server runs the PURGE command to remove deleted messages from the actual folder. They should go away automatically, but if not, you can usually force the cleanup by accessing your account normally though we mail/your regular email client on your computer then refreshing your inboxes on your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts