What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't access iCloud account

BamaFan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to change my email address on iCloud. I have iPad 3rd gen with iOS 7.1, using Atomic browser. When I try to go to icloud.com to change my email, it just flashes continually, never accessing the website. Can someone tell me what is going on? Is this a browser issue?

Sonoyou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help. Since I updated to iOS 8.0 I am not able to sign into iCloud. It's listing an old email address which is no longer in service and I have no idea what the password could have been. I have tried to go in and reset password but it's not recognizing my date of birth (don't know if I am locked out of the system for having attempted to reset password too many times). No problem using my regular Apple ID (which is a different email address) for signing into other things. Any suggestions?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There were problems with iCloud in general on all devices (even Windows) recently. They should have been solved, so look at Settings and try again, perhaps your problem was caused by this issue.

Sonoyou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked my settings again and unfortunately nothing has changed, I still cannot sign into iCloud. Simply don't know how to solve this problem. I tried finding a way to delete or change the iCloud account but can't do that either. Any other advice?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you use "Find my iPad" in iCloud, this is what you can try:

Access this address using a computer: http://www.icloud.com/#find
Select "All Devices", choose your iPad and erase it. Then set it up again.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This will erase your device completely, and you'll have to start from the beginning, setting it up, entering your iCloud details. You'll be able to restore from a backup, though.

Sonoyou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Johanna, just wanted to give you an update. After talking on the phone with Apple support my problem was resolved. It was a somewhat lengthy process and I wish I could recall all the steps, but in brief, we signed into My Apple ID with my current email address. We then went through Edit where I typed in every email address I have including the old inactive email address. From there we were able to locate the old email address and delete it and then finally adding my current email back into the system. Like I said, I wish I could recall all the steps involved but I hope you can kind of follow me. I am very relieved that the problem is solved, and I do thank you for all your help.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a comment....good to see feedback to another member's effort to assist. Your response Sonoyou was nicely detailed and may well help other members with a similar problem. Great communication on this forum:)
Andrew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Sonoyou This is a good explanation of the steps you had to take. :) I agree with The OB: it will help another member with a similar problem.

I'm glad it's working again! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts