What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot edit the titles of ibooks

Reaction score
I've had this problem since the iBooks update and iOS 5- I use iBooks for university PDF's which are continually changing.

The only way I can edit the titles is by unchecking the 'sync books' checkbox under the books tab on my iPad and hitting apply. Once it has removed all of my books I recheck the box and re-sync - when it syncs them they have the new titles.

I have tried various other methods but the files always re-synced with their old names.

I hope this can help you until someone can find/share a more convenient method with us.

Carol3317

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i edit a book name in itunes, it is not reflecting in the ipad. It is letting me delete the books from itunes though. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks!

There is a way to name your ibook PDF files as you wish. First save them in documents to go , rename them there and then save them in Ibook.

Daifly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To modify the title or other info, e.g. Category, of a book in iBooks is a straightforward but tedious process.
First, edit the information in iTunes of the book(s) that you want to amend.
Second, delete the book from the iTunes Books listing - when offered the option of moving the book to the Recycle Bin or keeping the file, select KEEP the file!
Third, Sync the iPad. The book will disappear from the iBooks listing.
Fourth, use the 'Add File to Library' option on the iTunes File menu to reload the file back into iTunes. It will return with all of your saved modifications.
Fifth, Sync again with the iPad and the book will reappear with its modified data in the same iBooks location that it was previously placed.

Hope this helps

Dave

idocmanthe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Carol3317 said:
There is a way to name your ibook PDF files as you wish. First save them in documents to go , rename them there and then save them in Ibook.

Where are the documents to go located?

Most reactions

Latest posts