Cannot connect to YouTube

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by iPad911, Apr 9, 2010.

1. glabarone

glabarone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Is it possible that this issue is not fixable? I have tried all suggestions on the forum and still no joy? I read somewhere else that the reason is because there needs to be a 'token' downloaded? Any ideas how to force this token to download again? Please please can I have some sensible suggestions

2. KevinJS

KevinJS
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Only thing I can suggest is rebooting your router. I just checked YouTube and all is well. Cant replicate the problem, so can't search for an answer. Ain't it Hell when things work properly, sometimes?

3. glabarone

glabarone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks however don't think it the router as I was at someone else's house over the weekend and connected via their router. I still had problems however on their iPad all works ok. Only difference I can see between us is that I sync with a pc and he uses a mac. Anyone else????

4. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  5. glabarone

glabarone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I tried the new DNS settings as suggested. No dice still not working. Does anyone know if Apple are working (or even acknowledging) on this issue? Seems to be pretty widespread

6. chumphries

chumphries
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Does the app load at all? Is your internet really slow?

7. glabarone

glabarone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yep the app loads but then displays error message "cannot connect to YouTube". Internet connection is fine. I can also use you tube from web site just app not working.

8. Kzhbb

Kzhbb
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I got same problem as you do, almost try everything. Guess something went wrong with my jailbreak, have you chech on that?

9. glabarone

glabarone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Personally my iPad is not jailbroken just standard out of the box

10. vetinari72

vetinari72
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi Guys

I seemed to have one solution to the problem where the iPad YouTube App does not connect and you get the "cannot connect" message. It has to do with the 2-step verification required by GMail.

So, you have to log into the GMail account that is linked to your YouTube account, go to Accounts (next to your picture is a little drop-down arrow) and click on Security on the left hand side. This will open up the Security Centre where you will see a button called Edit that is next to 2-step verification. Click on Edit and this will open up another page. Look for Manage application-specific passwords. At this point you may be asked to Verify yourself again. Just put in your normal password and click verify. In the middle of the page you will see a blank box with Generate Password next to it. Enter a name: for example YouTube for iPad and click Generate Password. This will then generate a password. Next go to the YouTube App on your iPad and open it. Click sign-in and enter your GMail address and the password that is generated for you by the system (it will be 16 random letters generated by GMail - black letters on a yellow background). Then click sign-in. This should now give you access to YouTube. DO NOT LOG OUT AGAIN. Just close the YouTube app. If you logout again, you are going to have to redo the whole thing from scratch.

Hope this helps
    Veti