What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot connect to home wifi

jazzbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As always worked. But now, when I am in settings, it shows me connected to my home wifi with check mark, but never connects. Home wifi still works with laptop and other iPad.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Jazzbo - welcome to the forum! :)

I'm assuming that the settings on the offending iPad and those in your modem have not been changed? If not and if not already tried, then for starters, I would suggest restarting or resetting (the latter if restart does not work) - Directions HERE - your iPad; these simple steps often solve many pesky problems. If not successful, try to power recycle your modem and Wi-Fi router despite Wi-Fi working on your other devices - never know.

If none of these suggestions help, please post back - good luck!

OP
J

jazzbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I have tried the restart and reset with no luck and will try repowering the router when I get home from brunch.

OP
J

jazzbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Repowering modem and router worked! Thanks!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Repowering modem and router worked! Thanks!

GREAT! Love when simple solutions seem to work - :)

When my Wi-Fi laptop in the den stops connecting to the internet, I just walk into the other room & power recycle my modem and router - usually brings it back into action 90% of the time - otherwise, probably an issue w/ my ISP (Road Runner for me) - glad that your up & running again - Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts