What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cancelling a download

eschweizer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just canceled a movie download that was only a fraction of the way done. Will I still get charged for it? If so will I be able to get a refund?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Canceling the download does not cancel your payment. The download won't even start until your payment has been accepted. The only way to cancel the payment is to contact Apple and ask for a refund. You may have to wait until you receive the bill to do so, but it won't hurt to call early just to see what they say.

Or, if you do decide you still want the movie you can go to iTunes and check for Available downloads under the Store menu. The download will start again. Heck, it may start the next time you run iTunes. It's actually hard to stop a download permanently once you've paid for it.

Last edited:
OP
E

eschweizer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! That is helpful to know. I'll probably just try to download it again since that is easier. When you say iTunes do you mean the iTunes app on my iPad or the full version of iTunes on my computer? Because I didn't see it in my iTunes app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iTunes on the computer, under the Store menu: Check for Available Downloads. I should have been clearer.

It might also show up under the Downloads tab in iTunes on the iPad. I'm not sure. I've never downloaded a movie directly on my iPad, let alone canceled one and tried to start it again.

Most reactions

Latest posts