What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you password protect files?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Dan.

And, I am glad we could help.

Marilyn

P.S. And - I just convinced myself to buy it so that I could try it too - so I am sure the developer is glad also! :)

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, Dan.

And, I am glad we could help.

Marilyn

P.S. And - I just convinced myself to buy it so that I could try it too - so I am sure the developer is glad also! :)

Yeah, that's also why I got AppLocker, to support our devs.

Cheers, Dan

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Secret Folder is an app that allows passcode protection and lets you keep files private. If you have an iPad 2, you can even set it up so it takes a photo of anyone who tries to access the folder with the wrong passcode.

More info available here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/51173-privacy-ipad.html

I just installed secret folder and it said - 'album error user denied access'

Now it just says loading. I created a photo folder and clicked the add button.

Do you know what may be the problem?

When I took a picture, it loaded into the folder, no problem.

TIA

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed secret folder and it said - 'album error user denied access'

Now it just says loading. I created a photo folder and clicked the add button.

Do you know what may be the problem?

When I took a picture, it loaded into the folder, no problem.

TIA

I haven't had probs with the app, so I'm not familiar with troubleshooting it. I've never read any instructions and have just used it intuitively. I've been using it since the iOS 5.1 upgrade and haven't experienced any hiccups.

micmak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have 2 children who both love to play on the iPad. The problem I have is they continually play each others game and spend each others coins, points. Etc. I would love to have an app the would give each a folder they could password protect. Any suggestions?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
micmak said:
So I have 2 children who both love to play on the iPad. The problem I have is they continually play each others game and spend each others coins, points. Etc. I would love to have an app the would give each a folder they could password protect. Any suggestions?

Only thing I can suggest is using Guided Access to lock it into whichever game is being played.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts