What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can You Do This?

newt0nsbump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to have my iPad shipped to my workplace, where I do not have access to iTunes. Can I get the Kindle App for the iPad and thus use it as my ereader until I get home where I do have iTunes and will gladly sync then. And, no, I would prefer not to ship to my home address.

newt0nsbump

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, because you need iTunes just to turn on your device basically. When you turn it on for the first time it tells you to sync to iTunes. It won't do anything until you have it sync'd to iTunes. I know it's a great device, but you can't wait until you get home from the end of a work day?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I want to have my iPad shipped to my workplace, where I do not have access to iTunes. Can I get the Kindle App for the iPad and thus use it as my ereader until I get home where I do have iTunes and will gladly sync then. And, no, I would prefer not to ship to my home address.

newt0nsbump

Wow, you're more impatient than I am!!

Congrats on the iPad though....

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will they let you bring your own laptop to your office and get internet on it - plugin or wifi? If so, you could use that to activate.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some times, although rare, some programs you can install to your desktop in a folder when the administrator has blocked install rights for your user.

For example, on the government computer they force MSIE which I dislike. I installed FireFox into a folder I created on the Desktop.

iTunes is a little more involved though, I doubt it would work - but it might be worth a try.

Most reactions

Latest posts