What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you afford it?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of my friends with kids say to my wife and I, "Man... you guys do so much cool stuff... you travel, you go to movies, you go out to eat, you [insert things parents with small children find difficult to do]. I wish we could do that."

It depends on how one chooses to enjoy one's lifestyle. I have two small children - but we still travel and go on holidays several times each year (with or without the kids), we still go to the theatre and cinema (with or without kids, depending on the film), we go to nice places to eat, etc. (Grandparents and sleepovers are great when you want some couple time.)

In short, a lot of the things we did in couplehood we are still doing as a family, except with the added pleasure of having the kids around. It really is what you choose to make of it. But I will add - having the additional earning ability that comes from seniority/experience does make things go much easier.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm happy with the iPad 1 and I'm kinda short of cash.

NyCrAzY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a 17 year old kid who works at retail. Had around 900 bucks to spend. Initial plan was to get the 16 wifi only so I can budget my $ but things didn't go according to plan. Went to the apple store but was not willing to wait in line. Called all the targets, bb, vzw, walmart, and AT&T in my area. All sold out or didn't even receive shipment. Next day, I went to my vzw store to pay my droid x bill and asked if they had the iPad 2 for the hell of it. And they did!! Last one too.. Problem was it was 32gb 3G but I couldn't resist to wait. I was like fuck it and bought it lol.

But now I'm poor ;(

VZW 3G iPad 2 32GB
$729 + 5% tax = $766

Gray smart cover
$39.99 + 5% tax = $41.99

Darn you apple for taking my money like that!! Haha.

But I love my iPad though :)

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad and most of the Apple stuff are luxury items, if you cant, or just dont want afford it, u really dont need to, theres nothing u "need" about the IPad.

For myself i decided that i play way to much PC Games which also cost a little and eats up time like hell. I planned for myself to stop that and stick to the IPad which is, when it comes to the gaming, cheaper and it doesent eat up all your time, which an PC MMO does, everyone knows that.

So over-time ill exchange PC for IPad stuff, thats the way i finance it over time :p

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also hate when PowerPC Macs at that time costs as much as intel i5 macs nowadays.

Most reactions

Latest posts