What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can not download pdf attachments larger than 8 mb from exchange server.

Polizei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can not download pdf attachments larger than 8 mb from exchange server.

The server is set to allow 40 mb emails and yet I can not download a 17 mb pdf attachment. A 7 mb attachment works just fine. can anoyone assist with this?

Ipad 3 and 4, Exchange 2010.

Thanks
John

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My recommendation is to avoid emailing large files altogether. There are too many variables (both on the sending and receiving side) to guarantee delivery to a mobile device (often treated differently than a desktop).

Instead get a cloud file service like DropBox or Box.com. You can install a syncing app (usually free) on your computer (or work if the boss allows), or use the web interface to upload the file.

On the iPad you can use the (usually free) app and download the file without opening mail.

If you do need to email the file, you can generate a share link via the app (computer or iPad) and mail that link instead. This is nice for the recipient, since the email arrives promptly (because it's not huge), and they can choose when and where to download the file.

I realize this is not the answer you were looking for, but it is best practice (in my opinion) for larger files, and a pretty good practice for smaller ones too. Especially if you might need to email, share, or access them on the iPad them more than once (but don't want them taking up space in the between times).

Most reactions

Latest posts