What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can mail be sent without opening the mail app

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am jailbroken if this helps. If a cydia app can do this, mods, please move it to the hacking section.

It is annoying, as I often forget to open the mail app, and mail does not get sent until I do. As an example, I open photos and email one of the pictures. It sits is some kind of queue, and when I open up the mail app, it gets sent.

Can mail be sent without opening the mail app?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mail is normally sent without any need to open the Mail app. Photos can take quite a while, but work on my iPad 2, iOS5.

If this is recent you may want to go back through your jailbreak tweaks and turn some off, then retest to see if one of them is causing a problem.

We have a Hacking area. It might be worth searching to see if anyone else has had this problem.

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure, but I think I have always had this. My mail settings have push on, but set to manual. Could this be an issue?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It shouldn't. Push is for automatic notification and downloading. It has nothing to do with sending emails (to the best of my knowledge).

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It shouldn't. Push is for automatic notification and downloading. It has nothing to do with sending emails (to the best of my knowledge).

Actually, it does appear affect it, at least in some cases. I was having a similar issue to the OP when I first got my iPad. My iCloud emails sent pretty much immediately, (as i had changed individual accounts to manual) but others only sent when the Mail app was opened. I changed the settings on all the manual accounts back to fetch and set the interval to fetch mail every 15 minutes and mails started going out immediately.

Most reactions

Latest posts